Thursday, October 25, 2012

Best-yet Malnati's style deep dish pizza

[Update (8/26/13): Even though the instructions in this post are very good, I think I've learned a lot about deep dish since publishing this post. Consequently, I may write an even better best-yet post pretty soon.]

After baking a deep dish pizza every day for at least a month, making slight changes with every pizza and every batch of dough, I'm confident that I've created a near-clone of Malnati's deep dish. Better yet, I can teach you how to make a near-clone of Malnati's.

Become a fan of this blog on Facebook!
The most useful pizzamaking lesson you'll ever learn.

I've made a few conscious decisions to stray from what I know is "the right way" to make Malnati's style deep dish (like using only corn oil in the dough, instead of using corn oil and olive oil). Still, this stuff is primo, and you will not find another source that can teach you how to make a better Malnati's style deep dish pizza. If you don't believe me, just scroll down and look at the pictures. Then go look at actual Malnati's pictures. (Just realize that not all of those pics are actually of Malnati's pizza. Also, you may notice that real Malnati's pizzas look a little different than the pizzas shown in Malnati's advertising/menu pics, just as my pizzas look a little different than their ad/menu pics. There's a reason for that.)

Removing the first slice from a Malnati's style deep dish pizza that just came out of
the oven. Hopefully you can see the melted mozzarella oozing from the sides of the slice.

Slice of a Malnati's style deep dish pizza.

Where's the rest of this post? Find out here. .)



4 comments:

  1. Howdy! Let me first state the fact that you sure have customized a beautiful resource. Also I want to know one thing. Have you ever taken place in any kind of competitions among bloggers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a little light on the oil. Uno's/Malnatis is quite greasy, so you need to up the oil by at least a third.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing on this useful procedure with us for sure your idea is working best for me.

    Pizza In Zion

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe no one has trolled you yet.

    ReplyDelete