Here are the basics of how I did it.
100% Bread flour
60% Warm water
- Mixed for 10 minutes.
- Scaled into two 11 oz dough balls.
- Put one dough ball in the fridge.
- Put the other dough ball in a well-oiled Detroit style pan.
- Allowed the dough ball to rise/proof for a couple hours at room temperature.
- Pressed dough to make it take the shape of the pan.
- Let it proof for maybe another hour.
- Pressed it again, so it was pretty much the shape of the pan.
- Covered the dough with mozzarella pretty heavily, all the way to the edges.
- Applied four separate spoonfuls of sauce.
- Baked on stone in 500° oven for 12 minutes.
- Bake at 475 instead of 500.
- Use less dough; maybe 8 oz instead of 11 oz. (I can't remember the pan dimensions at the moment.
- Seems like there was one other thing.
I have several pics, but I need to figure out if I can post them from my phone. I may have more to add, but right now I'm in a hospital bed trying to recover from a gruesomely broken leg.