Monday, December 8, 2014

Why you can't find most of those unbelievably helpful posts anymore

Update (12/18/14): I've chosen not to be pissed off about something that once pissed me off. Consequently, I have decided to return all of the content that was here until recently. Might take a minute.

(12/20/14: OK, I think everything is back how it used to be. Also, I might start working on cloning Joseppi's from southwest Franklin County, Ohio. Which means there might be a Joseppi's post here soon.)



There are at least a few people making good money off my pizza knowledge (which took me many years to learn on my own, in addition to tons of hard work). Yet I'm not seeing any of that money, nor have I received any new opportunities from the knowledge I've shared freely with people who own pizzerias that coincidentally now receive raving reviews about their pizza. Consequently, I have unpublished the most useful posts on this blog.

I hate to do this, but I've finally realized people have used me, and that's just not cool. I have essentially nothing in life except useful knowledge, and I'm probably never going to have anything except useful knowledge, because I've allowed people to use me by naively thinking there is good in most people.

To all the people who haven't taken advantage of my willingness to share, I'm sorry.

Ryan

6 comments:

  1. Hey there, Ryan. I'm looking into recreating some Giordano's stuffed pizzas (I leave Disney property whenever vacationing there, just to get to Giordano's Orlando) and your contributions to the forum and this blog are extremely kind and infinitely helpful. I'm sorry to see this post - you've been diligent and hard working while continuing to prefect your recipe and it sucks that there are assholes out there taking advantage of your research and work. Noticing that no one has commented here, I wanted to tell you that I genuinely appreciate you making this information available again. You may not check this blog often but it's important to me that you know how helpful and appreciated this is. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. No, I haven't really paid any attention to this blog for several months. It's not that I don't want to; it's that I'm not in very good health. There's a lot I want to add to the blog, because I'm always learning, even when I don't make pizza for months. Hopefully eventually I will be able to do it again.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ryan, I just stumbled across pizzamaking.com and your post(s) about Tommy's pizza. I live in Boston now, but about 10 years ago I worked for OSU and lived in UA right near the Tommy's with my girlfriend (now wife). I'm going to try out your clone soon. When I told my wife she was very excited to try and recreate the pizza we had many, many times. Thanks for all your hard work and sharing with us amateurs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're ever back around here, maybe look me up (Columbus area code-738-3867; text message is the best way to reach me). Perhaps you might be able to make a trip over here and I can show you in person a lot of the stuff that I haven't been able to share via the internet.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting the information on making the pizza clone of Donatos. It's the reason that I came to this site from pizzamaking. Donatos is so yummy. I need to get to work trying out the clone. Please don't get discouraged by jerks that don't give you credit ... they lack integrity, and you can't buy integrity no matter your bank account. Get well, and please go back to making pizzas ... it's not a bad day when you have pizza. :) Phil in Maryland(sometimes Cincy)

    ReplyDelete