Saturday, July 2, 2016

Detroit style video

I finally made a pizzamaking video. Strangely I did it with a style I know almost nothing about. At least, I should not be able to know much about Detroit style. But apparently I do. I know I got at least a few things wrong here, but I still think I did a very good job. Especially considering pretty much everything I did in the video was based on my interpretation of pictures. And it's not that I have some strange ability to make pizzas look like the style of pizza I'm trying to clone, without also getting some of the taste characteristics right. Rather, it's more likely that I have an ability to read and make sense of the appearances of certain pizzas, then replicate them pretty well. 

At this point, here are some things I think I may have done wrong in the video: I did not give the dough enough time to ferment properly. The dough was probably a little too stiff. I also used old yeast, which I think may have been half dead. (I may have more to add.)

Here's the video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NZRhyYCxPmA.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting articles and great content, thanks for sharing enough important information - Visit also my blog Diagnosis Sipilis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog ! I am impressed with suggestions of author. Best Pizza places Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Thank you for sharing such wonderful blogs.
    it looks so delicious, I love the cheese recipe. So, If you are finding a Pizza Shop in Corio or Belmont then you reach "The Pizza Hot Spot" in Corio and The Pizza Hot Spot in Belmont".Pizza Store in Corio | Top Pizza Delivery Corio

    ReplyDelete